Treasure Mountain Festival
Pumpkin Contest – Rules & Regulations
- Competition is open to all growers from any location.
- One entry per person.
- Entries must be sound, healthy and undamaged. This means free of rot, holes or cracks through to the cavity, chemical residue, soil and soft spots.
- No foreign material is to be included in the weighing. Vine must be trimmed within 1” from the stem of the fruit.
- Judges reserve the right to fully inspect each pumpkin before the weight is announced and made official.
- In the event of a tie, the prize will be split equally.
- The decision of the judges will be final in all cases.
- Contest sponsor and staff shall not be held liable for loss or damage to any pumpkins, the public, or personal property.
- All entrants completely and totally indemnify the sponsor and organizers of the weigh-off and contest.
- If you are a winner, your pumpkin MUST be left on the wagon and go through the parade. Pumpkins are to be picked up after the parade, approximately at 4:00 p.m. Any pumpkins not picked up by 3:00 p.m. on Sunday will be disposed of.
- Entries will be received on Saturday, September 16 between 9:30 a.m. & 10:30 a.m. near the Health Department Building.
- Decorating of pumpkins will be between 11:00 a.m. & 11:30 a.m.
- Winners will be announced on the Main Stage at 11:50 a.m.
First Place – $400.00 Second Place – $200.00 Third Place – $100.00
Decorating Awards: $25.00 per category
Most Original – Most Unique – Cutest – Prettiest – Creepiest – Scariest
If you don’t have a pumpkin, we will have some pumpkins available that are donated by T & K Markets!
(Decorating materials are not provided.)
Pumpkin Contest is sponsored by Summit Community Bank
SUPPORT OUR CORPORATE SPONSORS
Pendleton Community Bank • Summit Community Bank • Grant County Bank • Blue Grass Valley Bank• Pendleton Community Care • Pepsi • T&K Markets • County Line Materials • State Farm Insurance • Stoneburner Buildings • Tri-County Tire • Bowman’s Do It Best Hardware • Pendleton Senior & Family Services • Grant Memorial Hospital